THE OMBUDS PROGRAM IS
A confidential, informal, impartial, and independent resource for effective communication, collaboration, and conflict management.
All levels of UA employees and students, in all units and colleges, as well as others who have a university-related concern.
With a wide variety of issues, concerns, questions, conflicts, and challenges.
- Teams/units wanting to work together most effectively or harmoniously
- Difficulties with co-workers, supervisors, and employees
- Challenges with professors, advisors, and students
- Issues with team members or coaches
- Clashes of style – including communication, conflict, personality, work and leadership styles
- Departmental/workplace climate and culture
- Concerns related to equity, fairness, and respect
- Concerns about career progression
- Concerns about supervisor or employee effectiveness
- Intra and inter-departmental issues
- Systemic and long-standing issues
- Identifying and connecting with appropriate resources and channels for assistance
- Clarification of university policies and procedures
- And more
WE WORK ON MANY LEVELS
From one-on-one to small and large groups, from individual to departmental, organizational, and systemic level concerns/issues.
CONFLICT AND OTHER CHALLENGES IMPACT THE UA COMMUNITY
Related to their concern/situation, Ombuds Program visitors report experiencing high levels of stress/anxiety, damage to or loss of important professional and/or personal relationships, low/decreased morale, sleep loss, difficulty focusing on work/school, detrimental impacts to physical and/or mental health, reputational impact/damage, and more.
Are you unsure of how to handle a complex, tense, or unideal situation with a colleague/employee/supervisor, or with your entire team or department? Are you interested in responding to a situation in the most effective way possible? Do you have a situation that has gotten out of hand? We invite you to contact us to help you move forward in a responsive and positive manner, no matter how small, large, or messy your situation may be. If it isn’t something we can assist you with directly we can connect you to other helpful resources.